Monday, June 14, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog! I would like to invite you to follow me on my journey, as I become a runner! (Someone told me you don't have to be a runner, to run!) This past January, just 6 months ago, I decided to take up running. I told myself that my goal was to be able to run ONE MILE. Thanks to the support of several good friends, and the advice of one in particular, I now call myself a runner! Katie S. told me, "The first mile sucks...you've got to run more than one mile!" At the time I thought she was a little crazy, but have since learned that she is right! Thanks Katie! So speaking of people to thank, lets go there....
  • Robin....for not laughing (to my face) when I told you that I wanted to run the Sawtooth Relay. Truer words were never spoken...re:Sawtooth, "the race is fun, stupid fun, but the running ain't easy!"
  • Roxanne....for encouraging me to do it, and for sharing your plan to run one race each month, to stay motivated. I love seeing you at the end of a race.
  • Hayley....for cheering me on every time we talk! It is very motivating to know that people are proud of you
  • Dad....for running with me! Even when that meant PAINFULLY SLOW 5K's!
  • Kathy....for sending me advice on training, and reminding me to ice and stretch. (and the occasional half-squat
  • C25K-Couch to 5K running program. If you have ever considered taking up running, you really need to check out this site.
  • Sofa to Sawtooth Relay Team.... if it were not for all of you, I wouldn't have stayed so motivated. This was a huge event, and a huge milestone for me. Running isn't typically a team sport, but this team makes me wish it was!

Later today I am going to post pictures and details about the relay. The first several posts to this blog will be out of sequence, since I didn't start the blog when I started running....hindsight. Oh well.....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I would love to hear YOUR running stories!